- Commemorating the thirtieth anniversary update of the original 1993 design by Horst Hahne.
- Struck from 1oz of 99.90% Fine Silver to Proof quality.
- Arrives in themed packaging with a presentation display case.
- Australian legal tender - spans 40mm in diameter.
- Features a 'C' Mintmark to denote Canberra, the place of minting.
- Limited mintage of 5,000
The Royal Australian Mint celebrates three decades of the Kangaroo Series with the release of this 2023 $1 Fine Silver Proof Coin, featuring the original 1993 reverse design by Horst Hahne. This iconic design has been included as a celebration of the longevity of the series and the enduring status of its iconic subject.
Over the 30 hears, many talented coin designers have created kangaroo coins for the program, and the Mint has collaborated with a number of artists including Ken Done and Reg Mombassa as well as renowned Indigenous artists Jeanette Timbery, Mark Nodea and Ray Thomas.
|Country of Issue
|Year of Issue
|Metal Purity (%)
||Royal Australian Mint